Friday, 18 November 2016

Why and How!

I have had a lovely morning, visiting The Grand in Folkestone.

Folkestone Art Society is holding their beautiful art exhibition in one of the grand rooms.

There is an array of different styles, different mediums with paintings of all sizes and sculptures too.

There was quite a while I had exchanged Art views with other artists, by this I mean face to face..

I have met a few of them and had a great time chatting for an hour about the merit of Oil, Acrylic, Watercolour, Pastel.

One artist showed me his own paintings and explained to me the meaning of it. He also told me, lately he was adding poems by his paintings.

Well, I thought it was a brilliant idea.

I must say, there has been a while I have been able to visit an Art exhibition and I made a discovery!

Looking at a painting on a wall, means looking at a painting. It either talks to you or it does not.
It can be very beautiful but to motivate a viewer and a possible buyer, the artist needs to give an explanation about the creation. The Why and How.

This gentleman's painting was brilliant but when I was told Why and How he had created it, the work took in my eyes another dimensional meaning. It brought emotion. I saw the painting differently and loved it a lot more.

So artists, do explain to your viewers what has motivated you to create, why? how?
The viewer will be more engaged into your work.

After all Art is all about Emotions!
Post a Comment

REPRODUCTIONS

I have been known to paint a few reproductions Here is one. Reproduction of one of Chardin's work. I am very fond of this artist....

Popular posts